2021 Wood Buffalo Youth Chess Championship
Dead line : 11:59 pm on Feb 11, 2021
Entry fee: $15 ( Free for members)
Thank you for coming to play!
Final standings in Under 8
happycoconuts 6/6 1st
ajaysiravuri 3/6 tie 2nd
dachi14 3/6 tie 2nd
etk 011 0/6 4th
dipali2210 4/5 tie 1st, tie break win
blackpony8 4/5 tie 1st
havishdave 3.5/5 3rd place
cheetah2711 3/5 4th place
jameel2011 2.5/5 tie 5th place
mafes22 2.5/5 tie 5th place
anshulplayz2 2/5 tie 7th place
prem211205 2/5 tie 7th place
ruturajcanada 1.5/5 9th place
lithikamendis 0/5 10th place
siravuri 7/8 1st
mcnuggetsindasea 6.5/8 2nd
turtleianand 3.5/8 3rd
vishvesh 3/8 4th
rushi 2.5/8 5th
lithuli 1/8 6th
Matthew Smith 1/2 tie 1st
Manish Shetagar 1/2 tie 1st
11:59 pm on Thursday, February 11, 2021.
Late registration will NOT be available.
Entry fee: $15 ( Free for members)
Saturday, Feb 13, 2021 1:30pm – 5:00pm
Fort McMurray Chess Club Online (lichess.org)
This tournament will require a password, which will be shared during the Zoom meet up on the day of the Tournament.
(1 PM to start zoom meeting.)
The Zoom link will be shared once registration and payment are confirmed by the club.
(Non Club Members - $15 to by Feb 11, 2021 11:59PM)
U-8 (Born in 2013 and after)
U-10 (Born in 2011, 2012)
U-12 (Born in 2009, 2010)
U-14 (Born in 2007, 2008)
U-16 (Born in 2005, 2006)
U-18(Born in 2003, 2004)
15+10 5 rounds Swiss system.
There is a 3 min break between the rounds.
The winners of each section will receive free entry to the 2021 Alberta Youth Chess Championship. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each section will receive a medal. Tie-break will be determined by the lichess.org's final ranking order unless a manual adjustment is involved due to post-game review.
1. All players must sign up the tournament and make payment by Feb 11, 2021, 11:59 PM
Registration Form Link
Payment to: $15
2. Join Fort McMurray online Team https://lichess.org/team/fort-mcmurray-chess-club
3. All players must join the Zoom meet and greet starting at 1 PM on the day of the tournament, and keep their LIVE VIDEO on throughout the tournament.
The Zoom Name must be changed to the "Player's name_lichess ID_Age Group".
Keyword for the tournament will be shared only in the zoom meeting. Players who are in the tournament, but don't keep their camera on in the Zoom room will be disqualified! The tournament directors will be monitoring games and will ask the players to display if their video is off.
Players are not allowed to record the meeting at any time during the tournament. Players using iPad may have an issue losing the video display if they switch to the lichess window. It's recommended to use a PC or laptop to play or use a separate device to log in the Zoom to display the player while playing on iPad.
4. Players are allowed to move around when they finish their own games or during round breaks. Chat is prohibited.
5. Read FAIR PLAY AGREEMENT. Parents, please talk to your children about ethical play online. Signing up for the event means the players have read and accepted the clauses in the AGREEMENT including the consequence of cheating.
6. All results are considered unofficial until the post-game review is done, which will take 3-7 days. All games may be reviewed by the TD's. Suspicious games will be reviewed by the Tournament Committee designated by the Board. If cheating is discovered and confirmed, the player's ID will be reported to lichess. The offending player's score in the tournament will be forfeited and the player will be banned from future Fort McMurray Chess Club online and offline tournaments for:
a) two months following the first offence.
b) 12 months following a second offence.
c) Lifetime ban following a third offence.
If a player’s ID in lichess.org/chess.com is banned/closed by the platform due to the violation of fair play but outside of any Fort McMurray Chess Club's organized events, the new request to join FMCC team on the platform will be deferred for 2 months from the date of the banishment.
Paid fees will not be refunded for the banned period.
7. Fort McMurray is not responsible for any loss due to the chess platform system issues.