2022 Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo Youth Regional
12:00pm noon on Saturday, February 12, 2022.
Late registration will NOT be available.
Entry fee: $20 ( $10 for full youth members )
Sunday, Feb 13, 2022
First round starts at 11:00am. Third round starts at 1:30pm.
Fort McMurray Chess Club Online (lichess.org)
This tournament will require a password, which will be shared during the Zoom meet up on the day of the Tournament.
(10:00AM TO START ZOOM MEETING.)
The Zoom link will be shared once registration and payment are confirmed by the club.
U-8 (Born in 2014 and after)
U-10 (Born in 2012, 2013)
U-12 (Born in 2010, 2011)
U-14 (Born in 2008, 2009)
U-16 (Born in 2006, 2007)
U-18(Born in 2004, 2005)
25+5 4 rounds Swiss system.
The winners of each section will receive free entry to the 2022 Alberta Youth Chess Championship. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each section will receive a medal. Tie-break will be determined by ACA official procedure.
1. All players must sign up the tournament and make payment by Feb 12, 2022, 11:59 AM
Registration Form Link
Payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org $20 ($10 for full youth members)
2. Join Fort McMurray online Team https://lichess.org/team/fort-mcmurray-chess-club
3. All players must join the Zoom meet and greet starting at 10 AM on the day of the tournament, and keep their LIVE VIDEO on throughout the tournament.
The Zoom Name must be changed to the "Player's name_lichess ID_Age Group".
Keyword for the tournament will be shared only in the zoom meeting. Players who are in the tournament, but don't keep their camera on in the Zoom room will be disqualified! The tournament directors will be monitoring games and will ask the players to display if their video is off.
Players are not allowed to record the meeting at any time during the tournament. Players using iPad may have an issue losing the video display if they switch to the lichess window. It's recommended to use a PC or laptop to play or use a separate device to log in the Zoom to display the player while playing on iPad.
4. Players are allowed to move around when they finish their own games or during round breaks. Chat is prohibited.
5. Read FAIR PLAY AGREEMENT. Parents, please talk to your children about ethical play online. Signing up for the event means the players have read and accepted the clauses in the AGREEMENT including the consequence of cheating.
6. All results are considered unofficial until the post-game review is done, which will take 3-7 days. All games may be reviewed by the TD's. Suspicious games will be reviewed by the Tournament Committee designated by the Board. If cheating is discovered and confirmed, the player's ID will be reported to lichess. The offending player's score in the tournament will be forfeited and the player will be banned from future Fort McMurray Chess Club online and offline tournaments for:
a) two months following the first offence.
b) 12 months following a second offence.
c) Lifetime ban following a third offence.
If a player’s ID in lichess.org/chess.com is banned/closed by the platform due to the violation of fair play but outside of any Fort McMurray Chess Club's organized events, the new request to join FMCC team on the platform will be deferred for 2 months from the date of the banishment.
Paid fees will not be refunded for the banned period.
7. Fort McMurray is not responsible for any loss due to the chess platform system issues.